I've noticed that, for some reason, website elements display in Chrome as much larger than in Firefox. I have looked at several websites on several different computers in my house and through browser settings and can't understand what might be causing this difference.
All the computers I tried have Windows 7 operating system
- Chrome Version 60.0.3112.90
- Firefox Version 54.0.1
I have already checked:
- zoom level, all browsers are at 100%
- default font size, Chrome says 'medium' aka default and firefox is at 16 which I am pretty sure is also default
- Different websites, including one not using variable units like REM or EM
- Different computers (all are Windows 7)
- Has anyone else experienced this issue?
- What other settings might be affecting this?
- How can I make them look the same?
Google logo in Chrome and Opera:
Google logo in Firefox and IE:
Edit: Can confirm this most likely happens only on Windows 7 computers, although I doubt it is a matter of wrong configuration because it is on every Windows 7 computer I test
Edit 2: I can technically make Chrome appear the right size by going into my computer options and changing the text size from "medium" to "small". Of course this makes everything else tiny so its not a great solution but it shows that Chrome is using that setting somehow.