A few weeks ago I noticed a file named
debug.log begin to appear in a few Windows folders (Win 10, x64). Does anyone know if it is due to Google Chrome, and/or how to resolve? The only reason I ask is because of this previous post in the Chrome Help Forum.
The contents of the file are log entries of this form:
[0810/181603.876:ERROR:crash_report_database_win.cc(427)] unexpected header [0810/182501.651:ERROR:crash_report_database_win.cc(427)] unexpected header [0810/192930.630:ERROR:crash_report_database_win.cc(427)] unexpected header
Right now I cannot seem to reproduce the issue, so troubleshooting is a bit difficult. One such log file is in my folder D:\temp, and a few new entries get logged to that file every day. If I delete it, the file returns within a day.
I posted to the Chrome Help Forum, but didn't receive many replies. Someone began walking me through how to check if my Chrome had debugging enabled, but that person stopped replying.
WordPress saves its PHP log to a file named 'debug.log,' and I am a WordPress developer. But I don't develop locally, so this file shouldn't really appear locally. Plus the contents of this log file aren't even close to the typical contents/form of the WordPress log.