I have 8 thumbnails in my google chrome new tab page... Two have been blocked in my company... How to replace that two thumbnails with new ones....
To remove thumbnails displayed for specific sites, hover over a thumbnail with your mouse. When the blue frame appears around the thumbnail, click the x that appears in the top right corner of the frame. Thumbnails that you remove won't show up on the New Tab page again, unless you click at the top right corner of the page and select Restore all removed thumbnails. . then drop it and you can manually add a thumbnail webpage to chrome home page.
Also that thumbnails are for Most visited sites and Recently closed windows and tabs.
Someone asked how to add their own thumbnails in Google Chrome. Google Chrome does not have this option but you can do it by yourself:
- First create a bookmark of the page.
- Now right-click on the bookmark and select Edit.
- Copy the address of this bookmark by marking it and press Ctrl+V.
- Open a new Tab with your bookmarks and select any bookmark there that you don't need any more.
- Right-click and select Inspect Element. A VB screen will open.
- Search for a string containing the hyperlink (e.g.
<a href="http://www.…">Product Reviews</a>
- Look carefully and first change the name of the bookmark—in this case it is Product Reviews (Only change the text between the quotes.)
- Now search for the next string that starts with
http://www.…and just select that text up to the next
"and replace it by pasting (Ctrl+V) it with your bookmark's reference that you copied earlier.
- Go out there and you will first see that your thumbnail will look funny.
- Press F5 to refresh and your thumbnail is fixed!