I am using Windows 10 Version 1703 Build 15063.540. After I log-in, I get a Black Screen with cursor. Normal desktop loads after around 5-6 minutes in this "blacked-out" mode. I am able to open task manager.
Things I've tried so far
- Ctrl+alt+del to open Task Manager and tried running "explorer.exe". Explorer is already running and the black screen remains.
- Boot into Safe Mode to disable Intel Display driver.
- Boot into Safe Mode to uninstall Intel Display driver.
- Update the display drivers.
- Disabled Fast-boot
- Run Component tests (Using built in HP diagnostic tools). My tests were successful.
- Run start-up repair in System recovery.
- Uninstalled VMware and its network cards.
- Checked "Startup" in Task manager. Found nothing which could delay startup. I've Internet download manager, HP Accelerometer, HP Radio Manager, NVidia Capture Proxy and an AutoHot key script(disabling this script had no effect).
I enabled boot log in msconfig>Boot My windows fails to load
> BOOTLOG_NOT_LOADED \SystemRoot\system32\drivers\WdFilter.sys > BOOTLOG_NOT_LOADED \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\dxgkrnl.sys > BOOTLOG_NOT_LOADED \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\CAD.sys
The thing which amazes me the most is that Desktop loads after exactly 6min 26sec (+- 2 sec). And I am observing this value over 5 tries.