I needed to use VMware Player for a couple different things and I have no network connection: there is no available driver. Obviously I can't connect to the internet to download a driver (directly in the driver installation process) though I can obviously drag and drop driver files if need-be from the host OS easily enough.
- Yes, the device is connected.
- Yes, I've attempted to install the driver by manual selection (AMD-8111 10/100 Integrated Ethernet Controller is the only one I can select).
- Yes, I've tried all the various network devices available from VMware Player and restarted Windows XP 64 bit before attempting to install a driver.
- Yes, I've installed VMware Tools and manually pointed the device installer to it's directories without success.
- Yes, I've spent a few hours trying to find a working answer around the web.
- The device instance id is PCI\VEN_1022&DEV_2000&SUBSYS_20001022&REV_10\4&47B7341&0&0888.
- I've manually searched for any INF files that contain "vm" in the file name without success.
- I've looked in the VMware tools directory for INF files without success.
Am I missing something or what? The host system is Windows 7 64 bit.