I am getting the error on a users pc using Outlook 2013.
The connection to Microsoft exchange is unavailable.
This error only occurs with the one user. All other pcs on the domain work fine.
I've taken the steps of removing the profile and adding the profile.
It gives the same error.
One thing I do notice is that, normally when a user connects, users get a certificate mismatch popup. And the user clicks through and connects to exchange. (I haven't had the time to fix this)
On the one users pc that popup does not occur.
Making me think that the user clicked no or something and the popup no longer occurs.
Edit: added based on @BastianW response.
- Local hostfile is clean of entries
- I logged in with a different profile just in case it was a profile issue. Seems to a be a computer specific issue.
- I can't get to that website.
- All pc's are on the domain
- Happened to the same user on another pc with 2016.
- I doubt it's the remote connection. I setup 2 more users today on outlook and they were able to create profiles and bring up outlook perfectly.
- One the affected computer I login as another user and it has the same issue. It's definitely an issue on the affected pc.
- Not sure if this is applicable.
After following most of the basic troubleshooting tips. I think it's not server side but PC side. The pc refuses to connect to the exchange server.