Some 3D apps freeze when launched on my secondary monitor. The app window appears, but the 3D scene is never shown, and the app title bar says "(Not Responding)".
I've had this computer for years, but first noticed this problem with Sketchup just a few months ago, but did not understand until recently that it was related to using a non-primary screen.
Applications with this problem:
- Qt Designer, if you add a QOpenGLWidget to a window design
- PyQt5 apps I write using QOpenGLWidget
Applications that are OK on both monitors:
Things I tried:
- Update graphics drivers: did not help
- Switch primary monitor in display settings: changes which monitor exhibits the problem. Apps launched on the non-primary monitor freeze.
- Reboot computer: does not help
- Change display settings so both monitors have the same refresh rate: Does not help
- Reset settings in nvidia control panel: Does not help.
- Log in as a different user: Does not help
- Uninstall Oculus Rift driver: Does not help
My OS is Windows 10, 64-bit, auto-upgraded from Windows 7 in 2016. I use two monitors in extended desktop mode: Asus VH236H and Acer GD245HQ. Graphics board is nvidia GTX 970.
What else should I try?