The media keys, volume knob, sleep button and mute button on my "Das Keyboard 4 Professional" keyboard stopped working a few weeks ago after a reboot that I think was caused by a Windows Update.
I've tried the following steps to try and solve the issue:
- Try a different keyboard - The media keys on a logitech wireless usb keyboard work fine, even in the same USB port.
- Try keyboard with another PC - When plugged in to my laptop the Das Keyboard media/volume keys work fine.
- Try another USB port - No difference
- Tried completely wiping any trace of the keyboard from the registry/device manager, then plugging it in again - No difference.
- Created a new user on the PC - No difference.
- Ensured the HID Human Interface Service is running.
- Disable touch keyboard and related services.
What could be causing this?