However, I already have Git-Bash installed on Windows 7 (from here).
Is it possible to install Ansible in Windows, inside Git-Bash.
I had a lot of problems with Cygwin.
- I installed Cygwin.
- Then I did
pip install PyYAML, jinja, paramiko, cryptography, etc. I wanted to install the Ansible dependencies first and then do
pip install ansibleonly at the end. It did not install
cryptographysuccessfully. Two packages
ncurseswere found to be missing. I re-ran the Cygwin installer and installed
libffi. I could not find
- I restarted Cygwin and re-tried
pip install paramiko cryptography. They did not install again and gave the same error message that
ncurseswere missing. At that point, I gave up and uninstalled Cygwin. I did not try it again.
EDIT 2: To answer this question, I did this:
- installed Virtualbox on Windows 7
- created a Virtualbox *buntu VM with LUbuntu 17.10
- installed all available system updates
- (optional) installed VirtualBox Linux guest additions (section 220.127.116.11 steps 2. and 3.)
pip install ansibleworked successfully
installed text editor in VM
With this setup, I do everything related to Ansible directly in the LUbuntu VM.