Whenever I plug an USB wired mouse, keyboard, or joystick, windows installs it, then lists them under "Other devices" with a yellow exclamation mark (!), and I'm unable to use it.
Already tried with different mice or keyboards, same problem occurs.
Always get same error:
The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)
There are no compatible drivers for this device.
To find a driver for this device, click Update Driver.
Device manager events:
Device configured (null)
I've tried all the following with no results:
- Updating drivers with every mouse.
- Uninstalling and reinstalling device.
- Uninstalling and reinstalling USB controllers.
- Disabling power management on USB controllers.
- Troubleshooting in "Devices and printers" section.
- Unplugging power source.
- Unplugging device.
- Restarting windows.
- Turning laptop on and off.
I've tried using the same mice on other computers, and they work just fine. Storage devices such as Flash drives and Smartphones seem to work fine. I'm suspecting it's an OS problem.
OS is Windows 8.1
Laptop is a Toshiba Satellite P55-A5312