Since latest update i can't access remote SMB shares. Previously, i simply used
\\my_ip in explorer to list them (then i eventually supply credentials and it was ok).
But now, i have an error message "Windows can't access my_ip".
Prior to windows upgrade it was working flawlessly. Theses are either Windows, Linux boxes (i connect to differents VPN, but always based on OpenVPN TAP interface). The network subnet is different (local is 192.168.1/24 whereas VPN network is either 192.168.3/24 or 192.168.0/24).
- the network attached to OpenVPN TAP interface is "undefined"
- i disabled all firewalls and antivirus
- i can ping the remote server
- with WSL from Bash, i can access my shares (via
smbclient -U user -L my_ip)
- from cmd prompt, i can ping the windows name, and i can telnet my_ip on port 445 and 139 TCP, and
nbtstat -A my_ipis listing computer informations
net use \\my_ip\my_share /USER:my_useris not working (error 53)
- this is not related to VPN, i can't access my NAS local share.
What should i test now, and do you have an idea what this upgrade messed up ? Windows home edition x64 / FCU 1709. It looks like a firewall issue, but i can't figure how. The fact i can telnet SMB ports and access from WSL is questionning me.