I have a build intended for mining. I'm using Ubuntu 16.04. My specs are as follows:
- mobo: ASUS TUF Z270 Mark 1 LGA1151
- CPU: Intel Pentium dual core G4600 3.6 LGA 1151 GHz
- RAM: (2x) Patriot Memory Viper Elite Series DDR4 4GB 2400MHz
- PSU: Corsair HXi Series, HX1200i, 1200 Watt
- GPU(s): (5x) XFX AMD Radeon RX 580
The system works beautifully if there are <= 3 GPUs connected via PCIe VER 007 16x to 1x powered risers.
If I connect one or more additional GPUs, I get a single beep code, and a warning that peripherals such as my keyboard cannot be located, followed by a black screen.
Having done a bit of reading, there were some suggestions to turn off Secure Boot. I did that to no avail.