I have challenges copying data from external HDD to storage server using rsync.
Here's my setup:
- Using Linux Mint as my OS
- I attach an external HDD (USB).
- I mount (webdav) to a storage server located outside my network
- Using rsync, I copy data from the external HDD to the storage server.
- rsync finish "copying" very quickly.
- ...and then my desktop starts hanging.
I assume this is because rsync copies data to cache/memory, and it's then actually flushed to the storage box in the background.
I would like to avoid this flush. How do I know if the copying of data did actually finish? When rsync finish, I would like he copying to have been done...
I'm running rsync as follows:
rsync -c -t -r -v /media/abc/ExternalHDD/somePath/ /media/backup-server/ExternalHDD/somePath/
I guess there's a simple solution, but after googling I didn't come any nearer (trying:
nocache rsync ... didn't help).