I am at my wits’ end with Windows 10 on my PC.
For the last couple of weeks after startup the PC runs extremely slowly. For example, it will take minutes to perform a button click event.
Now, I have tried the following:
- Started in Safe Mode to check for errors – this is running fine
- Made sure there is plenty of space
- Turned off any unnecessary programs from start up and services
- Changed Performance settings virtual memory and animation
- Windows didn't give me the option to remove Creator Update from Recovery – I don’t know if this is anything to do with this version being an upgrade to Windows 10 from 8
None of these seem to work. I am reluctant to do a reinstall because I don't think I will have the opportunity to do a backup.
Does anyone have any idea of what I can do?