I have been up since the morning trying to figure this out so I'm going to have to just throw this question up here and hope someone can help me with this problem...
After downloading the update, the updater then switches to "installing updates...", it stays at 0% then throws this error:
Security Update for SQL Server 2016 Service Pack 1 GDR (KB4019089) - Error 0x80070643
I have googled this problem, there are very little results which I have tried over and over but no matter what I always end up stuck on this update and this same exact error each time.
Only thing I can think of is a manual installation of this update but I'm not sure which one it is or how to do it. I tried the manual installation and still get "Failed" at the very last window of the wizard. Maybe I was doing it wrong. It has a lot of options and tick boxes which I just don't understand at this time.