On my Windows 10 machine, every application that tries to access my optical drive (Blu-ray writer) gets frozen shortly after a disk was inserted.
- Insert disk (no matter the type, e.g. audio cd, data dvd, video blu-ray) into ODD
- Start any application (file explorer, Windows Media Player, etc.)
- Wait for up to 5 minutes... (it does not make a difference if there is/are ongoing data transfer
- ODD halts (physically and no buzy LED anymore).
- Applications that are running and accessing the ODD will freeze and finally crash.
The ODD's ejection function is fully operational at any time.
After 10-15 minutes, the ODD is accessable again. However the desired operation was aborted since the application has crashed.
Even Windows' Device Manager is freezing and finally crashing after the ODD halts and the ODD's device properties are requested.
What come to my mind was that maybe there are energy saving issues with Windows 10 but I do not see and energy saving options with ODD's device properties (Windows' Device Manager). So finally I do not have a clue...
- OS: Windows 10 Pro Version 1709 Build 16299.98
- CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600X (avg. 1% total usage)
- RAM: 16 GB (avg. 27% usage which is around 4.3 GB) 2x 8GB Corsair Vengeance (MPN: CMK8GX4M1A2666C16)
- MB: Gigabyte GA-AB350N-Gaming WIFI
- ODD: TEAC BD-W26SS-BM3 Blu-ray writer
- AV: McAfee LiveSafe 16.0.5
Does this behavior sounds familar to anyone? Any hints to fix or further investigate it?