I have a computer with Windows 10 Professional 64-bit. Specifications:
- CPU: AMD A6 6400K 3.90GHz
- Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-F2A68HM-S1
- RAM: GEIL GV34GB1600C8DC DDR3 4GB (2X2GB) PC3-12800 1600MHz
- PSU: COOLERMASTER MASTERWATT 750W
- Antivirus/Firewall: ESET Internet Security
For some unknown reason my computer does not recognize any mouse I connect to it. I tried an old wired USB Logitech mouse, a Microsoft Wireless Mobile Mouse 1850 and a Wireless Desktop 850 set with a keyboard (keyboard was working fine but mouse was not). I tested all mouse devices on another computer and they all work fine.
I tried on a USB 3.0 port, on an other USB 2.0 port (front and back side), restarted, shut down (removed power supply), and reset BIOS to default – without results.
Legacy USB was enabled by default on BIOS. I disabled it but nothing happened.
- My USB Camera works fine.
- My USB Printer works fine.
- My USB Speakers work fine.
- My USB Stick works fine.
All my USB devices work except my mouse, so I don't think it's a USB driver issue.
One other strange thing is that BIOS GUI recognizes my mouse but, when I boot with Windows, Device Manager shows no mouse connected, no "unknown device" and the Hardware tab on Mouse Properties is empty (shown below). Same thing happens in Safe Mode.
I really don't want to format my PC just because it doesn't recognize my mouse.