My laptop (Lenovo) has a touch screen. I want to use a professional stylus for drawing in Adobe Illustrator on Windows. I was wondering whether or not the "pressure", "titling", etc are detectable on the touch screen of the laptop!?

I'm not talking about the ones that come with a tablet pad, but instead I want to draw directly on the touch screen of the laptop while also have the "pressure", "tilting", etc being detected.

What are they called, if such a technology exists? Please shed some lights on the issue.

Thank you in advance :)

  • Questions seeking for hardware shopping recommendations are off-topic because they are often relevant only to the question author at the time the question was asked and tend to become obsolete quickly. – Eric F Jan 2 '18 at 19:47
  • @EricF Hi, Actually I don't know if such a technology even exists!!! I'm not looking for any recommendation of hardware shopping, I'm just wondering what are they called, if they exist!!! – goodUser Jan 2 '18 at 19:50
  • mspoweruser.com/… Apparently so for pen form and it looks like there are a few interesting patents out there like this one google.com/patents/US8638320 – Eric F Jan 2 '18 at 19:54
  • @EricF Thanks for the link, but does it work with my laptop? (my laptop is not "Surface", certainly!) – goodUser Jan 2 '18 at 19:56
  • This one possibly? artrage.com/artrage-android-supported-stylus-features – Eric F Jan 2 '18 at 20:01

Your Answer

By clicking "Post Your Answer", you acknowledge that you have read our updated terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy, and that your continued use of the website is subject to these policies.

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.