I am seeing a weird issue in Outlook 2016.
- Outlook works as normal, but ocasionally seeing unread message notification in folder panel with no new messages in inbox.
- To fix the above, user is scrolling to the bottom of the inbox and clicking Click here to view more on Microsoft Exchange
- After clicking that link, the messages all load, but from then on Outlook is super slow - clicking on an email takes ~1-2 minutes to view. It is unusable.
- This works perfectly - there is no click here to view more on microsoft exchange message. No speed issues - all messages appear in inbox.
- seeing the same issue as first scenario
what I have tried
- I compared add-ins - the are all the same for the users and computers
- Tried running in /safe mode - user fails to to login to the domain so can't test
- Tried running with /cleanviews - no difference
- Changing cache exchange mode settings from 12 months to all, and also tried disabling entirely - this appears to load the messages but outlook runs super slowly
what i noticed
- The exchange cache settings are identical for all scenarios.
- Under the
View on Serveroption is greyed out in cases where Outlook is working well. When seeing the issue, I am able to click this, at which point Outlook runs super slowly
How is this even possible? It appears to not be a computer setting OR a user setting, as the same user is only experiencing it on 1 computer, yet a different user gets the same on a machine where user1 doesn't get the issue.
Is there a way to get all outlook setting (maybe via a script) and compare with those retrieved from another machine?
If not - how can I possible troubleshoot this issue?
Any advice is much appreciated.