I have a HP Envy Notebook with windows 8.1. Since a week, I can't install updates / .NET Framework (I have also a lot of other computers with the same problem, but has to be more specific otherwise downvotes).
Configuration: Intel Core i7 - 4710MQ 2.5Ghz 8Gb Ram
Installed .NET versions:
- .NET 2.0 SP 2
- .NET 3.0 SP 2
- .NET 3.5 SP 1
Installed virusscanner: Avast
Problems: Everytime I start installing .NET 4.6.1 it fails: It says it couldn't be installed and it has be undone..
But all updates fail for windows,like KB4056887 Security update for Adobe Flash Player
What I have tried (to install the updates / .NET framework):
- Installing them manually (Windows Update Catalog)
- Trying to install them offline with WSUS
- Cleaned SoftwareDistribution folder + sfc/scannow
- Repaired missing DLLs after installation problems (link)
- Running ccleaner / malwarebytes / ...
Sometimes I get errorcodes from windows, like 8024A000, 80070BC9 .. but it changes the whole time.
Internet connection is OK, tried on multiple networks / UTP + WIFI / ...
Who has another idea? Reinstalling is hard, because of very advanced software installation / custom drivers.