When I upgraded to the latest Windows 10 Version 1803 Insider Preview update, my mic stopped working. I posted an answer that fixed my problem and may help others!
There's a microphone privacy options page. The latest insider's update has it blocking all apps by default.
- Hit Windows key and search for "microphone privacy settings"
- Hit "Allow access to the microphone on this device"
- Switch "Allow apps to access your microphone" to
In addition to
- Go to
- Make sure "Microphone access for this device is
- And switch "Allow access to the microphone on this device" to
as Ermish's suggested, I had to
- disable and enable one of my microphones for the changes to apply apply.
Then all my microphones worked again.
I've found the solution here:
"Microphone not detected anymore? Sound settings or features not working? Check Settings > Privacy Microphone and test if "Let apps use my microphone" resolves the issue."
Similar Issue, different cause here
device: soundblaster e3, using usb audio
system: desktop(Creative SoundBlaster driver installed.) and laptop (Windows 10 auto installed drivers)
windows: 1803 clean install, with and without Creative SoundBlaster driver.
issue: no mic sound, no meter movement in
sound, but sound comes through along with sound meter movement when
Microphone Properties >
Listen > "
listen to this device" is checked.
solution: switching default device to another device then back
protected by Community♦ Jul 9 '18 at 2:56
Thank you for your interest in this question.
Because it has attracted low-quality or spam answers that had to be removed, posting an answer now requires 10 reputation on this site (the association bonus does not count).
Would you like to answer one of these unanswered questions instead?