I have tried to install the Fall Creators Update 1709 for 25 odd times and each time it restarts multiple times before restoring to previous version and restarting Windows without the new update. When I checked the update history, it says "Requires a restart to finish installing". Restarting then does nothing.
I am running Windows 10 Home Version 1703 currently.
I have Googled the issue and tried the following:
- Removing all USB devices except mouse and keyboard
- Removing Avira Antivirus, both malware removal tools and turning off Windows defender
- Updating the BIOS (Asus Prime z272M-PLUS)
- Installing Asus AI Suite 3
- Using the Windows Update Tool (I think)
I'm sure there is more but I have been trying to update for 3 weeks so I forgot some of the things I have tried.
Somewhere I think I found an error saying
Error 0xc1900101 - 0x30017 FIRST_BOOT but I'm not sure how I found that.
Is anyone able to help me at all?