Waking from suspend from a USB keyboard stops working on my laptop if I have unplugged and replugged the keyboard while the laptop is in suspend.
I'm on Linux, specifically NixOS (although I imagine this question would be relevant for any distro).
Waking from suspend works fine if I don't unplug the USB keyboard during suspend.
/sys/bus/usb/devices/1-7.1 is the keyboard in question.
/sys/bus/usb/devices/1-7.1/power/wakeup is set to
enabled, both before and after suspend.
My laptop is a Lemur 8 from System76. There are no BIOS options related to USB wake from suspend.
I am suspending the laptop by running
sudo systemctl suspend from a terminal.
edit: I wanted to clarify the exact steps I am performing:
- The computer is turned on, awake, and the USB keyboard is plugged in.
- I suspend the laptop using
sudo systemctl suspendfrom a terminal.
- With the laptop suspended, I unplug the USB keyboard.
- With the laptop still suspended, I re-plug the USB keyboard.
- I hit a key on the USB keyboard, expecting it to wake the laptop. Nothing happens. The laptop does not wake up.
If I don't do steps 3 and 4 (that is to say, if I don't unplug and re-plug the USB keyboard), I am able to wake the laptop up by hitting a key on the USB keyboard.