My dearest superusers,
I have a very weird graphics 'glitch' for certain IDE's or editors, like TexStudio and Spyder. It happens that certain lines or words overlap with each other, and sometimes certain lines have different fontsizes even (not shown in next image)
It happens usually in my secondary monitor (LG Flatron E2350V), but if I remember correctly, it had appeared on my primary as well. My primary is just the one of my laptop (HP Pavilion - 14-al125nd). What I have noticed (from what I remember) is:
- When the problem appeared in Spyder in primary monitor, it was sometimes solved by saving the python file
- When the problem appeard in Spyder in secondary monitor, it was sometimes solved by maximizing the window.
- And at times none of the above methods worked for no monitor.
- When I drag one of the text environments (texStudio or Spyder) from monitor 1 to monitor 2, the text transitions into the glitched version.
- Also,some IDEs like Matlab, never experienced this problem. (And till now, I have never seen the problem elsewhere
- As far as I know, these two programs are the only ones where the glitch appeared.
- Lately, the problem does not appear in first monitor, but it still does in second one.
This suggests that the problem is time-varying and possibly also varies in its characteristcs.
To solve the problem, I've tried to:
update to latests graphics drivers, both my integraded Intel card (HD Graphics 620), as well as my dedicated Nvdia GeFore 940MX card.
Otherwise I've tried to search online but frankly, I do not really know the right search terms to find the same problem. Therefore I hope to find some answers or suggestions on this site!
Just to be clear, my question is what causes and/or what can potentially solve the problem? Of course I do not know what information could be used/required to answer this question, so if there are any questions of additional details that I did not mention, please ask.
Sidenote: I am not sure whether my tags are correct either. Feedback is appreciated.