I can see the output of the branch name no problem (although, in version 1.3.4+ it also strangely outputs "master -> origin" when it didn't use to), but I can't figure out why it has never successfully shown changes. This works in Powershell+Poshgit under Cmder, and looking at the \vendor\clink.lua script it seems like this is where the changes would go.
I found the gist for changing Clink git prompt here: https://gist.github.com/jonasem/e8b3a6258a495946df12
If you replace the matching functions with the git_prompt_filter and get_git_status within, it will then display. For convenience, I've made a gist for dropping into "%CMDER_ROOT%\config\" (as the one in vendor gets replaced every install of cmder, per the instructions in the file): https://gist.github.com/mattdkerr/23db4db40c276b1481b01b0fa26de009
You will need to delete or edit %CMDER_ROOT%\vendor\clink.lua and comment out the set filter commands (double hyphen, or '--', is comment line prefix).