In our office we have a handful of windows 10 PCs. Out of the box some of the PCs could access the shares on NAS and some couldn’t. I managed to get access working on the ones that couldn’t access it by reducing the SMB version on the NAS to 1.0. Then I was unable to access on my PC (which was previously working), getting an error saying the SMB 1.0 was not supported. I tried changing the SMB version to 2.0 on the NAS, then after rebooting my PC a windows update occurred and now am unable to connect from my PC for any SMB version and am now getting a generic error message “Windows cannot access \MyClouldEX2Ultra”, clicking on show details shows “Error code 0x80004005 unspecified error”.
Here is what I have tried.
- Enabled NetBIOS over TCP
- Checked network discovery was turned on
- was able to ping the device by IP and by name
- was not able to access share by IP or name
- tried setting the NAS to SMB 1.0, 2.0 and 3.0
- rebooted the PC rebooted the NAS