Is the an easy way to navigate from a call in a table to the table itself? Or just easyly select the table itself? At time there is "+" apears that clicking it selects the table but at times clicking on places where I think is the edge of table to select it does not work.

In many environments if you are inside a nested element, pressing esc will navigate to outer contain element. What is the equivalent in word?

The reason I am asking is because I have pdf documents of bank statements opened in word and trying to convert the data in the tables to csv, I need to quickly select a table and convert it into csv, using words Table to text converter.


Accelerator keys (shown on ribbon tabs) are ALT j l k t. (The old Word 2003 and earlier shortcut keys also work ALT a c t)

  • Can you please include a reference or a snap shot of how you found this please? – Arjang Mar 7 '18 at 7:41
  • 1
    When you press ALT key, you'll see letter(s) in a square appear in ribbon next to each item, indicating its accelerator keys. The 2003 shortcut keys are ones I remember as I always use them (even now, as they're quicker than the extra ones needed for ribbon). – Tanya Mar 7 '18 at 20:06

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.