I occasionally have trouble synchronizing my ±20k photo album to my iPhone, where (new) photo albums aren't added, or only show up as empty albums. Does anyone else have this problem and more importantly, have a structural solution to this?
I experience the following symptoms:
- iTunes does not sync (new) photos properly
- iPod Photo Cache directory only contains ±1MB "Photo Database" file, as opposed to GBs of thumbnails as expected when syncing does work
- "Error: the iPhone could not be synced because the sync session failed to finish"
- Empty photo albums (i.e. 0 photos in albums) on iPhone while storage indicates presence of photo albums
- No albums in iPhone Photos app, while storage (in iTunes and iPhone) indicates significant storage used by photos
What I've tried with only partial success, and without understanding why this helps:
- Create new empty photo directory and move photo directories here
- Use "Transfer Purchases from iPhone" source1 source2
- Delete iPhone backup
- Delete iPod Photo Cache
Hope somebody can shed some light on this!