Apparently it's not possible to scroll (with the mouse wheel) while editing a formula. I'm using Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2016 (Version 1802).
My Research has revealed, that this was a problem after switching to Excel 2007. It must've worked before and did not work (the same way) in Excel 2007.
Unfortunately I do not know if this ever worked after that. A co-worker asked me about this and told me it used to work (a few weeks ago).
Is there any setting I'm missing? Is there a workaround?
What I've tried so far:
- double-clicking in cell (to activate formula-editing mode) and trying to scroll
- clicking in formula bar and trying to scroll
- a combinational order of the above
- while a cell is in focus, pressing F2 to activate editing mode and trying to scroll (apparently was a workaround back when 2007 was released)
- middle clicking (scroll wheel) next to the cell I'm editing and using auto-scroll. This works!
- Page Up and Page Down works. Arrow keys don't (they're already used to navigate through the formula).
I hope everything is clear. If not, please let me know so I can clarify and maybe add a screenshot. It should be possible, I guess. It'd be quite useful to actually see the range I'm working with.