I've browsed for other similar threads and I haven't got my desired answer because symptoms were different in a way, though I still tried the suggested actions for troubleshooting, still haven't satisfied me and fixed my problem.
I'll try to keep this simple as much as possible.
PC was working for few weeks after it was custom built by me, then 3 days ago it started not to boot up, this was easily fixed just by restarting using the restart button, or a power drain restart.
Now, can't seem to fix it with a restart. Key points:
- CPU fan turns on, then off after 2-3 secs, then on again. then just continues on like that. (No loops happening, only CPU fan resets not other fans)
- HDD LED light is not turning on in front of the case
- TRIED to boot at least up to BIOS with minimal parts only (PSU, CPU w/ fan, 1 RAM (tried both slots), and a keyboard)
- TRIED re-seating / cleaned everything including cpu with thermal paste replaced, also checked the cpu pins / RAM teeth , all good and clean.
- TRIED bios reset, no good, battery is new
- CHECKED mobo for short circuit causes, none
- CHECKED loose/damaged/disconnected PSU wires all intact
- DID the paperclip test just to be sure PSU is working, and it is.
What could be the culprit here? Since I tried booting with minimal parts, Problem now only lies within the PSU, MOBO, CPU, RAM
Pretty unlikely because all parts are new and has warranty but I'm trying to find out because maybe it's just some Minor stuff that I've missed out and I won't have the hassle of sending this back and waiting for months just because of maybe a small thing or something that I can fix.
Here's my rig:
- MOBO: Gigabyte GA-A320M-S2H DDR4
- CPU: AMD APU A10-9700k
- RAM: (2x4GB) Hyperx 8GB DDR4 2400MHz
- HDD: WD Green 500GB
- GPU: Palit GTX960 DDR5 128 bit 1 Gb
- PSU: Trigon Generic 700w
- AVR: Standard 3 Socket 220v AVR