I'm trying to run AMD Radeon RX580 (Sapphire brand, 8GB memory) on Windows 10 (64-bit) Hyper-V Guest using this instruction:
- Install GPU drivers to host
- Add Gen 1 VM to Hyper V (Server 2016 / Windows 10)
- Do not use Dynamic Memory
- Set properties of VM in hyperV to shut down when host shuts down
- Find GPU in device manager go to properties and get the "location path" detail. Will look similar to this but longer PCIROOT(0)#PCI(0200)
- Run below command on Hyper V host Dismount-VmHostAssignableDevice -locationpath "PCI-Location-path" -force
- Add-VMAssignableDevice -LocationPath "PCI-Location-path" -VMName "name-of-VM"
- Run this command (remember to set the -HighMemoryMappedIoSpace to the maximum of your GPU VRAM)
- Set-VM "name-of-your-VM" -GuestControlledCacheTypes $True -LowMemoryMappedIoSpace 2000MB -HighMemoryMappedIoSpace 8000MB
I have tried to install there drivers:
But both failed to work with Windows 10 Hyper-V guest. What could be missing?