On macOS High Sierra 10.13.3 - I switched from using built in apachectl/httpd, to using Homebrew installed version.
For some reason, 127.0.0.1 and localhost both redirect to a local.dev hostname, which loads a site in a sub-directory of my web root.
I have tried:
- Clearing out /etc/hosts
- Disabling all htaccess files in directories that I use
- Clearing and restarting local DNS cache
- Different browsers (all behave the same)
- Removing all default apache startup/launch processes/daemons
- Removing homebrew's httpd launch item so I can enable it manually
For the life of me I cannot access the directory that I point to in httpd.conf as my web root. Typing in 127.0.0.1 and/or localhost always redirects me to local.dev
I'm at a loss.