After I boot up Windows 10 and go to start Chrome, I get about 5 seconds of functionality and then Chrome freezes for about 60 seconds or more. I can open new tabs but they don't load anything. I cannot interact with any existing tab contents. During that time I can't open settings, view extension or open Developer Tools but I am able to open Chrome's Task Manager.
- No other apps lag or freeze in this time period
- I've tried deleting
/AppData/Local/Google/Chrome/User Data/(This removes all extensions)
- I've tried a completely fresh install of Chrome
- Firefox and IE11 are unaffected by this issue as well as all other apps
- It happens even with Hardware Acceleration disabled
- Chrome Canary is not affected by the bug
- Happens even on chrome://settings page
- Disabled internet. Still happens on tabs trying to open chrome://settings
- Disabled a bunch of the services under "Privacy and security"
What could be potential causes of this problem? What are some things I can do to troubleshoot this issue?
I recently upgraded my computer (new motherboard, CPU and RAM) and it was after that time but I don't know if it started immediately with the new machine.