I successfully installed and configured knot-resolver on my dedicated server connected through VPN but I can't get it to work on my workstations.
nslookup superuser.com b.b.b.1 on my Win10 workstation gives the correct answer and I can see my resolver is correctly used (not 220.127.116.11).
Now, if I set b.b.b.1 as static DNS server in windows network settings I've got no more name resolution:
ping b.b.b.1is ok
nslookup superuser.comis ok and uses b.b.b.1
ping superuser.comdoes not find host
- any browser can't resolve names
Network is set this way:
LAN IP=a.a.a.2/24 GW=a.a.a.1 DNS=18.104.22.168 or b.b.b.1 DHCP=none VPN IP=b.b.b.2/30 GW=none DNS=none DHCP=b.b.b.1
kresd listens on b.b.b.1:53 and forwards to my dedicated's WAN.
Flushdns has no effect.