I have been struggling whole day trying to understand key validity.
- I had a public key in my pubring with validity unknown and trust unknown
- I signed it with an ultimately trusted key and the validity became full trust was still unknown
- then I deleted my signature using minimize command from --edit-key submenu
- after that I run --list-keys --list-options show-uid-validity
- but the validity of that key was still full even though it was no longer signed.
Please help me to understand this mystery.
Also, please confirm if using the using command --list-keys --with-colons nida gives me the same information as --list-options show-uid-validity except for here instead of the word "full" I just get one letter "f", and instead of "ultimate", I just get "u"
Thank you in advance for helping me understand this very difficult subject.