So I'm trying to connect two routers wirelessly. My main router (Archer D7) connects directly to the Internet, whereas my secondary router (MR-3420) needs to connect to main router through WDS. I've already spent a day trying everything I could find online. Here's the current scenario:
- IP Address: 192.168.1.1
- Running DHCP in the range 192.168.1.4 - 192.168.1.200.
- MainPC running Windows 10 with Automatic LAN setting is wire-connected to this router..
- IP Address: 192.168.1.2
- Not running DHCP.
- WDS configured and successfully connected to Main router.
- KidPC running Windows 7 with the following LAN setting is wire-connected to this router: IP: 192.168.1.41 Gateway: 192.168.1.2
(Setting IP to automatic on KidPC doesn't work. Setting Gateway to Main router's IP also doesn't work.)
- MainPC can ping MainRouter and access the Internet.
- MainPC can ping Secondary router.
- KidPC can ping secondary router.
- I can see KidPC in the list of connected clients in main router's home page.
- MainPC cannot ping KidPC either by name or IP address.
- KidPC cannot ping MainPC or Main Router.
What am I doing wrong?