When I re-open Chrome, it brings back more tabs than I had when closing it.
The extra tabs are tabs that I recently closed (can be 30 min ago). I close Chrome with 5 tabs and come back to 8. They also doesn't necessary come back in the same order they were before.
From the things I tried and didn't helped (some of them from the answers):
- Update Chrome to the most recent stable version.
- Disabling all extensions and apps (including background).
- Cleaning some caches from the browser.
- Disabling and enabling the "Continue where you left off" feature.
- Creating a new Chrome user (exist also in the new one).
- Enabling or disabling
chrome://flags/#enable-fast-unloaddoesn't change anything.
- Looking for access denied with procmon, nothing useful.
Any ideas? (which are not just to try to uninstall completely and try again).
Google Chrome version details: 65.0.3325.181 (Official Build) (64-bit) (cohort: Stable)
New version, still valid: 66.0.3359.117 (Official Build) (64-bit) (cohort: 66_117_win)
UPDATE: Solved it with TontyTon's last idea, although it included an uninstall, which I don't think is a good solution (in almost all cases) - but at least all of my user data was kept.