I use Acer Aspire TimelineX 5830TG laptop with Windows 7 Home Premium(64-bit). I have problems with connecting to other WiFi than my home WiFi network. Windows "sees" other networks and tries to connect to them, but I cannot open any webpage. The problem is not new, but I didn't need to use WiFi outside home before now.
What I tried:
- Using USB WiFi adapter(D-Link Wireless N150 High-Gain USB Adapter Ver.: A1). It "sees" all networks around, but fails to actually connect. I have also tried other USB adapters before, they haven't worked.
- Using tethering from my smarthphone through Bluetooth(Laptop doesn't see phone/network at all) and USB(the same)
- Things from https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/10741/windows-10-fix-network-connection-issues from first to "Temporarily turn off firewalls"
- Reinstalling Network adapter's drivers(though I'm not sure if I've done everything correctly)
More hardware information:
The standard build-in network adapter is "Atheros AR5B97 Wireless Network Adapter #2"
Other network adapters visible in "Network Connections" are:
- "Atheros AR8151 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller (NDIS 6.20)"
- "Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter"
- "VirtualBox Host-Only Ethernet Adapter"
- "VirtualBox Host-Only Ethernet Adapter #2"
Several more network adapters are visible in Device Menager
If you need any more informaton, please ask. Any help will be apreciated.