I'm having trouble installing a video card in my computer (specs. detailed below). Without the video card, everything works fine. I can boot into the OS without a problem, and I can even get into the BIOS setup screen.
But with the video card installed - and the HDMI cable plugged into it instead of the motherboard - I get the following:
- I turn on the machine, and it stays on this screen:
- I can't get into the BIOS (keystrokes seem to do nothing), and the machine won't boot.
- After 10 to 15 seconds, I get a short beep.
- After ~25 seconds, I get another short beep.
- After 25 - 30 seconds, I get another short beep and the computer goes to this screen:
Here are the video settings in the BIOS:
- CPU - Intel Core i5-2400
- Operating System - Windows 7
- Case - Fractal Design Node 202
- PSU - Fractal Integra SFX 450W (came with the case)
- Motherboard - Intel
- CPU Cooler - Cryorig C7 CR-C7A
- Memory - Crucial 8GB Kit (4GB x 2) DDR3L
- Storage - PNY CS1311 120GB 2.5" SATA III SSD
- WiFi Adapter - ANEWKODI 600Mbps Dual Band (2.4G/150Mbps+5G/433Mbps) Wireless USB Wifi Adapter
I know the computer works without this video card; I've also had it working before with a different video card (Nvidia GeForce GTX 580). I also know that this video card has worked before in a different computer.
Do I need to change the video settings in the BIOS to get this working? Should I update my BIOS?