I installed a Linux distro on an external hard drive mounted on a USB 3.0 adapter. I could boot from the external hard drive before disconnecting the adapter from my computer. Currently the external HDD:
- doesn't show up in BIOS/UEFI settings (and as a consequence I can no longer boot the Linux operating system from the BIOS menu),
- doesn't show up in Windows Explorer,
- shows up in Windows Disk Management utility, but none of the partitions can be formatted.
How do I make this external hard drive useful again by either:
- making it detectable from within the BIOS/UEFI settings and menu, or
- formatting it as an external storage device?