I'm having difficulties with finding information about minor versions of IE11.
I'm maintaining a legacy web application but due to the usage of multiple (inlcuding some outdated) components and plugins there are browsers in which the application does not work properly. It is not possible to refactor it with newer components, so I am bound to work with what already has been made.
I have pinpointed the browsers in which it does not work as it should, and it appears to give the most problems with specific subversions of IE11.0.9600 on systems with either windows 7, 8 or 8.1. As a quick fix I want to show a message that the user should update his/her browser whenever one of the "faulty" browsers is detected. But before I can make that happen, I need to be sure users actually CAN update their browser to a newer version. And that rises other questions.
A colleague of mine uses IE11 on a Windows 10 system, and his version is 11.309.16299.0. I'm using IE11 on a windows 8.1 system and my version is 11.0.9600.18618. My colleagues has a higher version the mine, so I figured it's possible to update my version but I have the auto-update checkbox checked so another question is why it's still so behind...
So basically my questions are:
- What's the highest possible version of IE11 on windows 7, 8 and 8.1?
- Why is my version (on win 8.1) way behind compared to my colleague (on win 10)?
- Is it possible to update any further?
- How? (Microsofts support and documentation on Internet Explorer is pretty... Bad)
- Or am I doomed to tell the users to use another browser like Chrome or Firefox?
Thanks in advance for everyone who can help me at least a little bit further!