I have two accounts on my PC. A personal one for my own use, which has got all the administrative rights and requires a PIN to login. And the other I made for my friend with no privileges and no password/PIN. Everything was going fine until I decided to enroll for windows insider's program. Since, I've updated to the insider build, I can no longer login to my own account. When I click on my own account it prompts me to enter my PIN and when I'm done with it login screen disappears but Desktop is not shown. Instead a black screen is shown for a while (approx 1-2 secs) then it reverts back to login screen.
I've no problem with the other account and I can simply login to that account like nothing happened. Also, when I try to do something that requires administrative rights with this account, it prompt me to enter the PIN and when I enter the correct PIN, that task is performed normally like nothing has happened to the admin account.
What I've already tried:
- Restarting my PC several times
- Entering password instead of PIN on login screen
- Resetting my Microsoft account password and login using that
- Sleep and shut down options from the guest account
- Ctrl+Alt+Del from that short-lived black screen
- Reverting back to the previous version of Windows 10
But nothing seems to be helpful. So my question is: Is there any way to recover that admin account without reinstalling windows/resetting PC?