I use two keyboard layouts and want to be able to switch between them regularly. Ctrl+Shift switches between them, but in some applications I need to use both keys for other shortcuts (e.g. Google Chrome's Ctrl+Shift+N) and the Windows shortcut sometimes interferes. The Win+Space shortcut also switches between them and suits my purposes fine. Is there a way to disable the Ctrl+Shift shortcut in Windows?
1Looks like this has been asked twice in the past for previous versions of Windows: superuser.com/questions/109066/… superuser.com/questions/604790/…– music2myearMay 22, 2018 at 16:35
This Microsoft support document suggests you can disable the shortcut:
- Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
- Double-click Regional and Language Options.
- Click Keyboards and Languages, and then click Change keyboards.
- Click Advanced Key Settings, and select Between input languages.
- Click change Key Sequence.
- For Switch Keyboard Layout, select Not Assigned.
- Click OK to close each dialog box.