I would like to troubleshoot my inability to import photos from iPhone to Windows 10. I am an advanced user struggling to find relevant help on the internet since most results are unusable masked adverts for paid third party software.
I want to use it the following way
- connect iPhone via USB to my Windows 10 PC
- open Microsoft "Photos" app
- click in the upper right on import > add from the device over USB
- select all photos and click import
4th step is where it fails, with no usable message.
- I have set the device as trusted on iPhone
- I mostly don't see it in My Computer, therefore I cannot just copy
- I tried uninstalling every driver and iTunes software
- Despite not being visible in Windows Explorer, iTunes can always access the contents with no issue
- it has a tiny moments when it starts working, but overall import fails sooner or later and never copies all 3k photos. Mostly MSPhotos don't show any content, just failure message, sometimes it shows it's content and acts as I can select what to import, but as described fails sooner or later
iTunes can successfully copy entire phone.
- I tried multiple free 3rd party SW, all of them either failed or seemed like to be usable only after buying their extended version
- I tried using iTunes for Syncing the Photos
- I maybe don't know how to use it, or it is faulty too. But I've set the directory where my Photos should be synced, but sync seems to just backup the phone and creates tiny 'Photo Database file', but no photo actually gets copied onto PC.