I can't get https to work on port 3000. Here's my specific situation:
- I have my own VPS running Centos6/Apache.
- I am using botkit-starter-slack to run a bot from my server.
- I have SSL certs that pass SSLLabs tests via port 443 with apache listening.
- My bot runs on port 3000, per botkit's recommendation, which is a port I have opened and successfully works via http.
If I load a regular webpage with https (apache, 443), it does fine. If I go to the bot's port 3000 page with http, it works fine. I went ahead and did cURL's on everything relevant. Every url worked fine except for, not surprisingly, the https one with port 3000. I got a
(35) SSL Connect error.
So I can't get the bot to respond to https on port 3000 (which happens to be necessary for Slack's Events API).
- I'm relatively new but I've gotten mixed messages about whether a port can be used for http and https. Can anyone shed light on what standard operating procedure should be here?
- If a port has to be either http OR https, how would I go about making my port 3000 https as opposed to http?