Since yesterday I am facing an issue on my computer, that occured after I needed to force reboot because of a graphic card crash.
When starting up my session, the sound service is not started, and my antivirus (Avast) is not starting as well. I am not able to start most of the programs (exe files, msi installations, and so on). Even some Windows 10 native programs (such as Add / Remove a program) won't show up. Some basic programs and others such as Chrome (?) are working fine.
When I try to start the Audio service manually, I get the message "Access denied". Moreover there are a lot of events in the Windows event logger that show up "Access denied".
I already tried some solutions found on the Internet:
- Restore exe files associations -> everything is correctly set up
- Running sfc /scannow -> no error message
- Checking owner of C: drive -> Adminstrators group is set with "Full control" on it
- Trying to register some missing DLL files -> the registration end point is not found on those DLLs
- Trying to safe boot -> same behavior occurs
- Trying to create a new user account as Admin - I also activated the Administrator account to check- -> same behavior in the new session
I also tried to rollback to a restoration point, however it fails with error 0x80070005: on the Internet it is said that I have to disable / uninstall Avast first. But the problem is that I cannot run anything that could be able to do that: they won't start because of the first issue.
Some more details about my configuration:
- 500 GB SSD with about 50% of free space
- 16 GB RAM
- Windows 10 Pro
Do you have any ideas? Thanks!