Laptop will not charge. What's happened up to this point:
- Battery stopped being detected by the computer. Charger was still working at this point; I could use the computer without the battery if it's constantly plugged in.
- Bought a new battery, same model as old
- Inserted new battery, it charged fine, unplugged
- Later when it needed to charge again the charger was not even detected.
- Indicator light on the laptop won't go on, not detected by operating system (tried both ubuntu and windows)
The charger is quite expensive, and I'm hesitant to say for sure that it's the problem, because it seems weird that the charger would break just a few hours after the new battery was used. Is there any way to check whether the charger is working without buying a new one?
Laptop is an MSI, model MS-16F3