Going slightly mad here. Trying to connect to my service from outside of my own network.
The situation is this:
- ssh is running in a QNAP Docker container with ubuntu.
- the container is using port forwarding, lets say Host:9999 to container:22.
- I can then connect with Putty internally in my network using local ip or name.
So far all is good. Then I try to get access from outside:
- router from internet provider is in bridge mode.
- google wifi is configured with external port 9999 to NAS port 9999
- "debugging" with "shields up":
- port changes from 'stealth' to 'closed' when opening the port.
- port changes from 'closed' to 'open' when starting the container.
...but somehow I still can't connect. Putty gives these errors:
- when connecting from the remote machine: "Network error: connection timed out".
- when using WAN ip from machine inside my network: "Network error: connection refused"
What am I not doing, or forgetting? Is there some ssh configuration I'm not aware of?