I have an MS Word document with a paragraph style. It has font size set to 10pt. However, when I apply it to the text in the document (which has size of 12pt), the font size of this text does not change for some reason (it stays 12pt). But what's more interesting, when I change font size for the style to 9pt or 11pt, the font size of the text in the document does change! What's happening?..
Steps to reproduce:
- Open the example document in Word 2016
- Select word "consectetur" in the first line
- See how it has size 12 and associated style "Code sample"
- Open "Modify Style" dialog for the "Code sample" style
- See how it has font size set to 10pt
- Change font size for the style to 9pt
- Click OK on the dialog
- See how size of the selected word changed to 9pt
The font is Courier New. If I set the size to 10pt explicitly, it works.
What the hell? What's so special about 10pt size? Why this particular size is ignored?