OS: Windows 10 Pro (Build 17134.137)
Touchpad driver: Synaptics Pointing Device from Lenovo (version 18.104.22.168, September 19, 2016)
PC: Thinkpad W520
Steps to reproduce:
- Navigate to additional mouse options.
- Navigate to TouchPad Properties.
- Ensure that two finger scrolling is disabled.
As you can see from the last screenshot, two finger scrolling is disabled on my system, yet the touch-pad still begins to scroll when I have two fingers placed on it. It's jarring and irritating and I'm not used to it at all.
Strangely enough, the setting seems to stick when I open UltraNav settings and close it. But two finger scrolling returns after a restart. I don't know if this is an issue with a driver or my configuration of Windows 10...
I've tried the following:
- Rolling back the driver, which didn't resolve the issue.
- Deleting the driver and re-installing it via Windows update and from Lenovo's website. Also didn't resolve the issue.
Does anyone have a permanent fix, like maybe a registry edit that completely disables all additional touch-pad gestures like this one?